Oral placement therapy workshop 2014 | Centurion (SA)
Oral Placement Therapy: Assessment and Program Plan Development (Level 2)
Oral Placement Therapy: Assessment & Program Plan Development: 12 Hours and will be accredited 12 CPD.
Learn how to perform a comprehensive evaluation for clients with sensory, feeding and/or speech disorders following the principles of Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson’s hierarchical approach to oral-motor assessment and treatment using the techniques learned in “A Three Part Treatment Plan to Oral Placement Therapy.”
This workshop will lead you, step-by step, through the assessment process used with clients of varying ages and skill levels who evidence oral placement deficits. Participants will observe via videos, two complete assessment sessions and follow up treatment with clients from infancy to adult, and will learn how to identify oral-motor deficits that effect speech production.
Development of therapeutic program plans designed specifically to meet each client’s oral placement needs will be addressed. A live evaluation will be performed on the second day allowing participants to observe client skills, record observations on an assessment form and develop a therapeutic plan from these results. We are sure you will leave this session with advanced skills in assessment and program plan development for each client with oral placement needs.
|WHEN:||July 21-22, 2014|
|WHERE:||Netcare Unitas Hospital, Clifton Avenue Lyttelton, Centurion.|
|AUDIENCE:||Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Special Needs Teachers and Parents.|
|PRESENTER:||Monica Purdy, MA, CCC-SLP|
|COST:||R3400 – Includes: 1 Set of Red Bite Blocks and the hard cover book by Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson ‘Assessment and Treatment of the Jaw’ as well as all practicum materials. Morning and afternoon teas and a full lunch will be served on both days.
Seats are limited, so make sure you secure your spot by 30 June. Late registration will be charged R3800
A MEMORABLE LEARNING EXPERIENCE THAT LEADS TO IMPACTFUL RESULTS:
- Learn when to administer a muscle-based assessment and determine when it is appropriate to implement as therapy.
- Understand and use the diagnostic terms ‘dysarthria’, ‘motor planning deficits’ and ‘sensory-integration’ when writing an evaluation.
- Learn to diagnose the muscle based deficits in jaw-lip-tongue functioning.
- Understand why whole body stability is important when assessing muscle-based skill levels.
- Learn at least five new evaluation techniques.
- Learn to design a step-by-step program based on the results of the clients muscle-based/feeding/speech evaluation.
- Learn to correctly sequence lips, jaw and tongue for oral- muscle strength development.
- Learn to plan a muscle-based therapy program using the four areas of intervention: sensory, feeding, oral exercise and speech sound production.
- Learn to apply muscle-based strategies with clients of various diagnoses.
- Enjoy discussion and interaction with many qualified peers.
Proundly Hosted by Netcare